E-Learning is the next big thing in the field of education. The advantages of online learning are many. The World Wide Web (WWW) is growing at a fast pace, and the number of users attached to it is also increasing. Many educational institutes are now providing distance education options. Many colleges and universities are continuously working to improve the level of distance learning. Students only need a computer, an internet connection, the willingness to learn, and money to pay the fees for online learning. Some websites also provide free video tutorials to build an interest of students towards a particular course. There are also some flaws of distance education; however, this post majorly discusses about the advantages of online learning.
Online learning has numerous benefits. It can be fruitful in ways that can merely be admired after choosing to do so. Here are the 7 advantages of online learning:
- Convenience: The only requirements for taking an online courses are computer and internet access.Students do not need to commute to the college campus, and so the necessity of living near the campus is out of question. Online courses are mainly delivered in the form of lecture videos and web seminars; therefore, you can take the course more thoroughly by seeing the videos as many time as you want.
- Economical: Online courses are very economical than regular courses; this is because the transportation cost to you and infrastructure cost to the college is eradicated completely. Best teachers that the college cannot afford to employ full-time can be hired for a limited period of time for an online courses that also makes online learning more economical.
- Self-Discipline: E-Learning courses give students the opportunity to learn anything from anytime and anywhere. This liberty will provide you some lessons in self-discipline and time management. The need to self-discipline rises, because when you are over the internet along with the useful and informative things, there are also some distractions.
- Gaming and Learning: Online education gives student the choice to learn through games and puzzles. There are a number of online educational computer games available on the net. Furthermore, these games are free of cost. These games are interactive, as well as informative.
- Earn Time and Learn: Students attending a full-time college hardly find time for anything else. If you are taking an online course, then you can study at night or any other time. This is one of the best advantages of online learning. This is a great way for students who want to earn time and learn.
- Prolong Access to Course Material: You often feel to refresh your knowledge of a certain subject, and distance education gives you the opportunity to refresh it. All the course materials as a part of your course remain with you, and you can revise the subject anytime you want.
- Expertise in Computer and Internet Use: Computers equipped with an internet connection are used mostly for common purposes. Taking an online degree will help students to attain more knowledge to usethe computers and the internet. This also serves as an opportunity to use varieties of software and to become familiar with the different software.
There are also a few disadvantages of E-Learning. Teacher not present face to face is the biggest disadvantage of distance education. Crucial doubts about the subjects may not be fully cleared to students on the online portal; it’s also one drawback of distance learning. Recruiters often consider online degrees less effective due to disadvantages of online education. On the whole, online learning represents a great opportunity for people, especially for those who cannot make it to regular colleges to get education, and this can be called the best advantage of online learning.